A very interesting new app arrives. BeatSpiral is a sample instrument for iOS (universal). Here's the app's description:
BeatSpiral is an innovative sample performance instrument for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Chop samples, make beats and perform them live. Choose from the included library or import your own.
Take it for a spin. Give it a whirl. It's a Groovebox with a twist.
- Create new sequences by rearranging and looping sample slices
- Hold the wave stripes at different locations to play slices, slide out to record
- The two waves on the left get recorded to one track, the others to the second
- Select different loop regions on each track, change their length, copy and erase content
- Mute pads for temporary silencing, erasing track content and deactivating waves
- Eject buttons for selecting sample files and setting volume and panning
- User sample import via iTunes File Sharing (mp3, wav, aiff, m4a)
- Animated metronome shows tempo controls (20-200 BPM) with Tap Tempo
- Zoom, Undo and Rotate tracks
- Audio engine featuring high quality interpolation and low latency
- Sample library and handy user guide to get you started