I posted the video earlier, now here are all the details:
Finally, a REAL air guitar!
You can actually play real air guitar without having to hold a phone, touch the screen or shake a device. All you do is:
- Set your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch in front of you-
- Start pickin' 'n' strummin' in the air--
- ROCK OUT!
GhostGuitar comes with four venerable guitars built in: choose Acoustic for some nice campfire strumming, Clean for the shimmering rhythms, Crunch for those classic rock power chords, or Sleek for a fatter, sonic lashing. Sculpt your own sound on top by using the virtual stompboxes in the GhostGuitar pedalboard. Evoke the late Invasion-era shimmering distortion via Fuzz Goblin, mellow it out with the analog-modeled chorus/vibrato of Ghoul Vibrations, and repeat it with the tape-delay inspired Echo-Plasm delay/reverb pedal.
GhostGuitar comes with many chord progressions that you can set to any key, and even down- or up-tune. If that's not enough (never is…), you can create and save ANY number of your own progressions --no matter how weird-- thanks to GhostGuitar's extensive chord library. There's no reason for you to not play *that* song.
You say you need a band? You'll love "GhostBand"! Just hit the button for drums and bass to come in and accompany you. GhostBand will automatically recognize your chord changes and follow suit, just like a good band should. Much more timely and better smelling than the real thing. You can set tempo and choose among more than a dozen patterns, and individually adjust mix for bass and drums.
And how about vocals? For those of us who are vocally inclined, GhostBand also gives you a "GhostMic": turn it on and sing along with your guitar pickin'. Beef up your vocals using the dedicated FX: dial in some delay, jack up the gain, warble and marble with some chorus.
And where can this all go? Into a video (or an audio file), you say? We say "yes!". Record yourself playing or singing, or jamming to the GhostBand all together or separately. Save it as a movie or a song…up to you. If satisfied, share it on YouTube for kicks, or email it, download it via wi-fi, put some cheese on it and call it an omelette.
- 44.1k Pro-quality audio
- Touch free "air" guitar playing
- Groundbreaking Realtime Mobile Machine Vision (REMMVi) technology, invented and developed here in Yonac Labs (patent(s) pending)
- Uses front camera to pick up your fret and strum hands
- Intelligent backing band via GhostBand
- Simultaneous vocal recording via mic
- Record (any combo of guitar, backing band, vocals) to audio or video
- Four different guitars to choose from
- GhostGuitar pedalboard with carefully engineered virtual stompboxes
- Enough chord patterns to play most songs, ENDLESS patterns you can create for yourself
- extensive chord library
- Assign any chord in the library to any fret, in any key
- individually pickable strings
- Hammer on, auto-mute, alternate pick or down pick guitar control modes
- Vocal FX rack
- Probably a lot more you'll have to discover on your own
The app is priced at $1.99