Another update to Basic! the retro coding app. I have to admit that I am having a lot of fun with this app already. Just running little bits of code as examples and starting to have a play with the music function that came in the last update.
Anyway, here's what's in this update:
- Input, Len, CHR$ & Color Features!
- Paste Code into Editor! Enjoy!
- Now, set the Background & Text Color in Terminal!
- Enhanced Input and Len Functions. Additions to Help Screen.
Confirmation of what's new in SoundPrism:
- Recording Feature was added - record and email your compositions right from your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
- Note names can now be made visible.
- Improved bass. Fuller sound when playing quickly with more then one finger. SoundPrism is now less then 20MB to download.
- Pitch Space System has been improved: The circularity of the diatonic subspace is now fully implemented. SoundPrism is now less then 20MB to download.
ChrisLody | October 31, 2010
This is a bit of a departure from my normal Lofi videos but i just finished modding a gamboy color so i thought i'd do a video of it.
The mod to the gameboy color is a prosound mod which adds an extra output. At the start of the video i use the normal headphone jack to show the difference in level. My GBC had a blow speaker so i installed an extra jack in place of it. There is still some noise but that just appears to be part of the sound of Pocket Music as i also tried the music software built into the gameboy camera and that sounded nice and clean. In the past i've also used Imageline's Edison to remove noise from signals like this.
The software is Pocket Music. I created this track 'Z80' years ago but i still realy like it. Pocket Music is nice and simple to use but can still produce some cool sounds. Its also available on the GBA but i wouldn't recommend that version as it sounds horrid.
Good to see this video editing app get an update. Here's what's new:
- Import, Edit and Render video at up to 1280x720 on iPhone 3GS/4 and iPod touch 3g/4g with iOS 4.1
- Import videos in .MOV and .MP4 format using Sharing function
- Import videos and pictures from Photo Library and audio from iTunes library with iOS 4.0+
- Mix videos with different resolutions and aspect ratios
- Improved Trim tool, accurate to single Frame (1/30th sec)
- Faster background processing of new or imported videos for use in Editor
Another release from Jason Sposa / Falling for a Square. I'm looking forward to giving this a good listen very soon. Here's what Jason has to say about the release from his blog:
MOON is a concept EP loosely based on the 2009 Duncan Jones script MOON. I personally just fell in love with the idea of a man (clone) spending years on the moon, while the whole time his world was a lie. I believe I took a little different spin on the idea, and I am quite happy with this dark image I have captured.
Moon is compiled of eight songs all of them composed with NANOLOOP (for iPhone).
In addition, Glocken Jr, Manetron, SV-5 Vocoder, PiezoPop, WS 101, Pocket Organ, Sound Squares + a little Casio SK-1 were all used in the recording of this record.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
DOCTOR POPULAR - collaborating music on the track "Trans Oceanic Lullaby"
Please find out more great things about him at www.DOCPOP.org
VIVIAN KIM - background vocals on "Blast Off" + lead vocals on "Where Your Heart Lives"
More music from Vivian can be found at THEDUALIES official
You can hear all the tracks here.
I thought that this might interest a few people, and it is of course free.
Producer Assistant is a hip hop producer app that lets you keep up on what's going on in the music producing industry.
It also shows you how to make beats for some of the hottest software in the music business, Learn secret tactics on how to sell your tracks and where to get sounds for your beats and more.
There are tons of different tutorials on how to make beats using different software like the akia mpc, ableton live, Reason, beat thang, and much more. This app is good for inspiration to get your tracks sounding hot, and also when you're done, where to sell, and which artists are looking to buy beats. This app is what every producer needs to have in their arsenal. Get it now for free for a limited time - The Producer Assistant.
This looks like a good musical sketchpad app. Here's the description:
Designed by a songwriter, for songwriters.
Songcatcher is the perfect tool for songwriters. Its functions and useability are designed to allow songwriters, from novice to professional, to document and build on their ideas, whilst still in the moment of inspiration.
Songcatcher has two interfaces, Sketch mode and Project mode.
Sketch mode offers the main functionality in a fast, easy to understand interface, tailored to the inexperienced music interface user. In the style of a wizard, you are walked through the process with prompts, and can build on your ideas within seconds.
Project Mode offers the full functionality of Songcatcher. Its layout is in the style of conventional music software, with all of the controls easily accessible and functional.
- 10 layers of recording, including both Audio and MIDI.
- Audio to MIDI conversion, allowing the user to sing ideas and have instruments play them back. You can create your band with your voice.
- Resizable Piano Keyboard to play instruments.
- Instruments include: Piano, Electric Piano, Drums, Bass, Guitar, Distorted Guitar, Synth, Organ, Strings and Horns.
- MIDI editor to edit performance.
- Mixing functionality.
- Ability to bounce mixes and re-import, hence allowing unlimited tracks.
- Tempo track with optional click.
- Ability to export mixes in various formats.
As we get closer toward the end of 2010 here's an interesting competition from Audio Technica. Looks like they're after something a bit alternative in terms of a Christmas song. Details here.