ReelDirector the video editing app is still on sale with 50% off for a limited time, although it said a limited time on the 11th when I last posted about this app. They also say that there's an update coming and iPad support too, which is good, but I really hope that they bring video upload to the 3G. I guess the app will have to be able to do something like that for the iPad anyway.
ReelDirector at the app store:
Reforge gets an update today. Here's what's new:
- improved stability
- increase size of trackers
- improved access of right selection tracker
- added display to show position and value of recently moved tracker
- new buttons
- added support for AudioX sync to transfer audio to other iPads running Reforge
Reforge at the app store:
9to5mac posts on a new patent from Apple with a huge number of new multi-touch gestures. I wonder if any of these will be in iPhone OS 4.0
TrixMix has been updated. Here's what's new:
- Built for multiple orientations
- Trixmix now receives MIDI signals as well as sends in certain programs (ie. Move a slider or knob in Ableton Live, and see it update on the Trixmix screen as well).
- updated keys
- in-app XY-Controller purchase option
Photos from Chris Carter and the Dirty Electronics Ensemble last night. See them all here.
I've just spoken to Dolphin Music in the UK about the iPK25 / SynthStation 25 and they say that they currently have these on back order. The date they've been given is the 1st of May but they don't think that's reliable. They've said they're going to give me a call when they have stock in so I'll let you know as soon as I have more information.
- Added ability to export beat to a MIDI file
- Added ability to copy slots and subsequences
- Added two more user banks of beats, plus read-only presets
- Added BPM readout
- Added Elektron Machinedrum sample set
- Fixed timing glitch with moving between fast/slow sequences
- Fixed sound glitch
- Fixed lock/unlock to maintain mixer settings
FunkBox Drum Machine at the app store:
Another update to Xewton. Here's what's new:
- New high-quality reverb algorithms with stereo spread
- 3 reverb qualities (higher quality requires more CPU and can lead to stuttering on older devices)
- Key velocity (volume) can be controlled via touch on the keyboard or the accelerometer (enable velocity in the setup tab)
- Piano-roll: 'selection change mode' toggles the selected range (instead of just single notes)
- When recording, playback continues if a tab or the record button is tapped
- Piano-roll note editor improved: 1/64th button, quantization in note length mode, vertical lock in move mode, autoscroll and drawing improved
- Double tap a track's icon and slide your finger to select a color
- Lots of bug fixes and stability improvements (see the change log in the help)
Hex OSC Full is musical keyboard which has substantial 98 keys!
It is now able to transmit OSC(Open Sound Control) for controlling your MIDI devices.
-play a chord with one finger
-adjustable key layout, comfortable transposition
-more built-in sounds
Hex OSC Full is musical keyboard software for iPad, which has substantial 98 keys.Besides, the keyboard layout can be changed in order to extend tone range by a single shake while you play.
Hexagonal keys have certain note relationships like guitar chords. When you know the patterns, you can transpose smoothly.
-play with 98 keys (4 octave) on a screen without scroll
-play a chord (3 notes) with one finger
-play chords with up to 10 fingers
-changeable tone range during performance
-adjustable key layout
-built-in 11 sounds; Synth1, Synth2, Tremolo Synth1, Electric Piano1, Organ1, Organ2, Funky Synth, Steelpan, Minimal Kit1, Bell1, Kokuritsu Kit
-transpose octaves when OSC is chosen
-available languages: Japanese, English
A special price of US$ 9.99 is being offered until May 1st, 2010. Regular price is US$ 15.99.
Hex OSC Full at the app store:
A long post from CDM, but a really interesting subject. Definitely worth a read, and Palm Sounds gets a mention at the end too.
I've been meaning to post on this app for a little while. It reminds me strongly of Bloom / Trope with a bit of Amidio's Star Melody too, but I like the generative art side of it too, and the price has just dropped to $1.99
Aphonium at the app store:
A new mobile OS compatible with Linux, Symbian and Android? This article suggest that it is being developed by NTT DoCoMo, Renesas, Fujitsu, NEC, Panasonic and Sharp. It sounds amazing, but I haven't seen the story picked up elsewhere at all.
If anyone out there has any knowledge of this I'd be very interested to know more
I posted on this when it came out but hadn't gotten around to getting hold of it. Well I bought it today and have only had a little play with it and it is a load of fun so far. Probably in the same sort of vein as Soundrop but in 3D and with a lot more control over the drawing part of things.
I'll spend some more time with it soon.
Sonic Wire Sculptor at the app store:
I know that not everyone is a fan of these, but I thought I'd post it as it is going very cheap.
Pocket Music - Nintendo Game Boy Advance GBA DS Lite at eBay
With only a few days to go I thought I'd check again for the iPK25 / Synthstation from Akai as I was prompted by Pierre commenting on the last post that sweetwater have confirmed shipping for the 14th. Amazon.com still says it will be available on the 1st but amazon.co.uk doesn't list it at all. Dolphin music in the UK also still says the 1st. I wonder what will happen? I'll check again on saturday and let you know.